Ebunlobinrin Foundation recently celebrated 5th anniversary and formally inaugurated the Lagos State Chapter. The event took place at Providence Event Center, Abiola Way, in Ogun State’s capital city of Abeokuta.
It is on record that the Foundation has become one of the most respectable and innovative grassroot development organisations in Ogun, Lagos, Oyo, Ondo, Ekiti and Osun States. According to Queen (Hon) Temitope Okoya, founder of the Foundation, “Ebunlobinrin is focusing on issues of economic empowerment for women, healthcare, education and social welfare for women across South-Western Nigeria, and over 30,000 people have become direct beneficiaries of the Organisation’s largesse since inception”.
On the 17th of December 2017, the Executive Committee for Lagos State Chapter was formally inaugurated. Members of the Committee are:
- Oluwakemi Folashade Sonibare – Chairman
- Olayinka Nurat Subar – Vice Chairman
- Oluwabunmi Adekunle – Secretary
- Eyinade Olusanya – Financial Secretary
- Mosunmola Adeleye-Oyebobola – Organizing Secretary
- Miss Temitope Fagbaye – Treasurer
- Miss Faulkner Olayinka – Legal Adviser
- Miss Mosebolatan Mustapha – Publicity Secretary
- Miss Popoola Yemisi – Assistant Secretary
The Exco Chairperson, Oluwakemi Folashade Sonibare, outlined the activities and strategy of the Chapter, which entails “improving the health, economic, social and political status of the Nigerian female gender”.
Dignitaries honoured at the event includes Chief Jide Ojuko (Hon. Commissioner), Alhaji Abidoye Amosun, Chief Doja Adewolu (MFR), Chief Gbenga Adenmosun (Hon. Commissioner), Alhaji Adebayo Samsudeen Apelogun, and Hon. Fola Salami. Alhaji Olaotan Bello (The National Financial Secretary of APC) was also decorated as the Grand Patron, while Mrs. Omololu Onibudo was decorated as Matron.